This project has been funded with support from the European Commission.
This publication [communication] reflects the views only of the author, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.
Educathe+ C4 Workshop and Performance (Antalya, Turkey): Limitless Drama in Different Colours
INTERNATIONAL WORKSHOP & PERFORMANCE BY AKDENİZ UNIVERSITY (19.-23.09.2016)
LIMITLESS DRAMA IN DIFFERENT COLOURS
The fourth workshop of the partnership is the theatre workshop “Limitless Drama in Different Colours” held at Akdeniz University EuroMed Youth Centre Antalya (Deniz Mahallesi Deniz caddesi Adrasan/Kumluca Antalya/Turkey). The main goals of the workshop are:
- – to raise the cultural awareness and expression, which involves appreciation of the importance of the creative expression of ideas, experiences and emotions in a range of media among people with disability.
- – to use theatre techniques to help PWD to be aware of their cultures, cultural diversity and express themselves.
The participants will learn how to use theatre practices and exercises especially drama in working with the PWD and they will work together as action researchers searching for an action that can raise cultural awareness among PWD and express it through drama.
The performance of 23rd September 2016 will involve people with disabilities and people who deal with the problems of disabled people from Greece, Latvia, Bulgaria, Belgium, Croatia, and Turkey. It is thematically concerned with increasing the employability of persons with disabilities and their skills. The workshop takes place in the “Educathe +” partnership that is funded as part of the Erasmus + KA2 Strategic Partnership.
The participants will go through a mixture of methods which is, basically, built upon an combination of Brecht’s method, Stanislavian Method, Commedia dell’Arte and Traditional Turkish Theatre Methods. They will do basic breath exercises, inner actor-actress action exercises and voice and mimic exercises.
The workshop will be held by educator, actor and director Yusuf Selim Öztürk and his assistanant Okan Çorlu. Finally, the workshop will be recorded and later published on the E+ Platform – in order to disseminate the results and invite other individuals and organizations to join us in a future network and/or use our work.
The participants include both people with disability and educators who originate from seven partner organisations and six countries of Europe!
The performance will be held on 23 September 2016.
More about the performance can be found here -> Limitless Drama in Different Colours
- About Antalya
- Programme of the workshop
- Programme of the Transnational Project Meeting
- Travelling tips for the workshop in Antalya
- Map of workshop and performance locations
- Compare the prices in Antalya and your town
- Public transportation Services from Antalya Airport
- Weather Forecast
- Mobile Companies of Turkey
- Accommodation Services in Adrasan, Antalya
- Accommodation Services in Konyaalti, Antalya
- Festivals & Services
- Events of EXPO 2016
- City Map
VIDEO OF THE PERFORMANCE